1911 Przemysl New York Landsmanschaft Ball

Marla Raucher Osborn

Feb 6, 2013, 5:27:10 AM2/6/13
to jewish-prz...@googlegroups.com
Hi, there.

I am wondering if anyone recognizes any faces in the attached 1911 photo  (kind courtesy of
Logan Kleinwaks)?

Warm regards from Paris,
Marla Raucher Osborn
przemyslball.jpg

Joan Yatziv

Feb 7, 2013, 3:23:23 PM2/7/13
to Marla Raucher Osborn, jewish-prz...@googlegroups.com
Sorry My Grandparents left Przemysl in 1922 with 3 small children ages almost 2, 4, & 6.  Faces don't look familiar.  Sorry.
Joan Bock Yatziv

Marla Raucher Osborn

Feb 12, 2013, 1:17:39 PM2/12/13
to jewish-prz...@googlegroups.com
Hi, again.

I contacted YIVO because I am told they have historic records for Przemysl landmanschanftn in NY.

Here is the reply I received tonight from Gunnar Berg   YIVO Archivist (gb...@yivo.cjh.org)

Yes, we have the First Przemysler SBS collection. It is Record Group 932. It consists of 9 boxes. Contents include copy of the Constitution, minutes and membership ledgers, souvenir journals and correspondence.

This is too large a collection and I do not have the extra time to go through it, looking for a particular name. Can you or your representative come here to our research Reading Room and go through it?

We are open Monday – Thursday, 9:30 AM – 5:00PM, except for national and Jewish holidays.

You can also contact YIVO’s Reference Librarian, Yeshaya Metal at yme...@yivo.cjh.org.

He can let you know if there is a Yiskor (memory) book, which would have information/anecdotes on the “old country”.

Please be aware that there are several other Przemysler-related groups in our Archive:

Congregation Tifereth Joseph Anshei Przemysl, 1917-1967 (RG 793);

Przemysler Relief Society (RG 123, box 12);

United Przemysler & Talmud Torah Fund (RG 123, box 12)

I am wondering if there is anyone in the group willing to take on this project and copy these records?

There would most certainly be information here for many members in this group.

I am in Paris, so it is not feasibly possible for me.

Kind regards,

Marla

Marla Raucher Osborn