Jewish names in Central Europe

Iomhar .

Dec 21, 2017, 12:08:33 PM12/21/17
to jewish...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,

Is there any good and relevant literature about names of Central European Jews, mainly from Germany and the Habsburg Empire available? I am interested in topics as:
- frequency of Jewish and "civil" first names, שםות־הקדש and כנוים, and their mutual relations
- the diachronic frequency of the most popular names (have some became less popular with the passing of time, and some more popular)
- the linguistic origins of names worn by Jews
- family names, frequency, official changing of family names

So, if you know of any book or paper that covers this ground, I'd be thankful.

Best regards,

Igor Kusin