Israeli names list

Sarah Benor

Mar 3, 2022, 11:56:04 AM3/3/22
to Jewish Names
Message from Philip Trauring:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Philip Trauring <phi...@trauring.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 8:06 AM

I’ve recently gotten a full set of given names from the Israeli Population Registry, broken down by religion and gender. For religions, the names are grouped as Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Druze, and Other. Many of the most popular names in Other are Russian names. I’ve published the full set of names online here:

The tables of names are sortable and searchable. The number of times each name is used as a first name and as a middle name are shown. No trends can be determined as it’s a snapshot of the registry as a whole (the data was extracted in November 2021), but there are a lot of interesting things that can teased out of the data.

The names are only in Hebrew, as that’s what is in the database. For Jewish names, there are 11,605 female names, and 8847 male names. Of course, there are many alternate spellings of the same names in the list.

For those interested, I have a large number of other Jewish name lists on my B&F site: https://bloodandfrogs.com/names.

Philip Trauring

shlomit landman

Mar 7, 2022, 2:13:15 AM3/7/22