Jewish Languages on the Stage: Panel on Sunday Feb. 11

Hannah Pressman

Feb 5, 2024, 11:11:54 PMFeb 5
to jewish-l...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to share about the Jewish Language Project's first event of 2024! Our panel, "Jewish Languages on the Stage," will take place this coming Sunday Feb. 11th at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET / 8 pm Israel. Info and publicity materials below. You are welcome to share the info with anyone who may be interested!

Warm regards,
Dr. Hannah Pressman

Jewish Languages on the Stage: Directors', Actors', and Scholars' Panel
Join the HUC-JIR Jewish Language Project for a panel on contemporary theater in Jewish languages, featuring Sarit Cofman-Simhon, author of From Language to Performance: Jewish Languages on Stage in Israel, in conversation with theater practitioners Motl Didner (Yiddish) and Karen Gerson Sarhon (Ladino).
Co-sponsored by: Alliance for Jewish Theatre, eSefarad, National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene, Kultur Mercado, and Theatre Dybbuk.

This free event will be shown via Zoom. To register and receive the Zoom link, please visit: https://www.jewishlanguages.org/events

Jewish Langs on the Stage Feb 11 2024 Square Ad.png

--
Hannah S. Pressman, Ph.D.
Director of Education and Engagement, HUC-JIR Jewish Language Project