Nov. 14th Panel on Documenting Endangered Jewish Languages

Hannah Pressman

Oct 28, 2021, 1:40:59 PM10/28/21
to Jewish Languages
Greetings all,

I am pleased to share, below and attached, the flyer for the Jewish Language Project's next event in our fall series: Documenting Endangered Jewish Languages: Practical, Ethical, and Cultural Issues. Click here to register for the Zoom program, taking place Sunday Nov. 14th at 10 am Pacific / 1 pm Eastern / 8 pm Israel.

Please share with anyone who may be interested. We look forward to a fascinating panel!

Kol tuv,
Hannah Pressman

November 14 JLP Panel on Documenting Jewish Langs.png
Nov.14 JLP Panel on Documenting Endangered Langs.pdf

Sarah Benor

Oct 28, 2021, 2:30:08 PM10/28/21
to Hannah Pressman, Jewish Languages
I want to second Hannah's suggestion. This panel in particular will be of interest to anyone who does research on spoken Jewish languages. There will be plenty of time for audience participation, so I hope many of you attend and share your experiences with this kind of fieldwork.

Sarah

Sarah Bunin Benor
Director, Jewish Language Project
Professor of Contemporary Jewish Studies and Linguistics
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion