Announcing the New LadinoType - Transliteration Engine for Ladino

Brian Berman

Mar 6, 2022, 3:13:01 PM3/6/22
to Jewish Languages
image.png
Hello All,

In 2006, I created the first and only Ladino transliteration engine called LadinoType.  LadinoType is used by people all over the world, from academics and scholars, to Ladino speakers working to preserve the language, to non-speakers looking to learn about their family heritage.

For quite some time, I have wanted to rebuild LadinoType from scratch using modern technology.  Over the last two years, I have done just that.  This is more like LadinoType 12.0 than 2.0.

image.png

In fact, it is built using the same cutting-edge technology that tech companies use to build their products.  It has modern branding, advanced features, a full help center and more. I have made a short video showcasing the new LadinoType and written briefly about it at https://ladinotype.com/announcements.  While there are bound to be a few bugs to work out, it is ready to go!

Please try it out and let me know if you have any questions, issues, suggestions, etc.

Thanks,

Brian Berman