lexicons

Sarah Benor

Aug 1, 2022, 5:05:06 PM8/1/22
to JEWISH LANGUAGES
Dear Jewish language researchers,
The HUC-JIR Jewish Language Project is always expanding the resources we make available. We have recently added many more resources to our website, including exhibits on Passover, High Holidays, and liturgy in many Jewish languages. We have also recently added new features to our crowdsourced dictionary of distinctive words used by Jews in English, such as recordings of most entries. Don't forget about the lexicons of Jewish Latin American Spanish, French, Russian, and Swedish, as well as a new lexicon (as of this week!) of Jewish Brazilian Portuguese. We encourage you to share these resources with your students and colleagues and invite anyone who speaks those languages to contribute words and suggest edits. Also, if you're not yet listed on our page of Researchers and would like to be added, please email me the appropriate information. As always, feel free to get in touch if you want to get involved or have ideas for additional ways we can share information about Jewish languages with the public.

Sarah Bunin Benor
Director, Jewish Language Project
Professor of Contemporary Jewish Studies and Linguistics
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion