AJS call for papers - Jewish Languages and Linguistics division

Omri Asscher

Mar 9, 2023, 8:33:07 AM3/9/23
to Jewish Languages

Dear all,

I am the new AJS division chair for Jewish Languages and Linguistics - thank you, Renee Perelmutter, for leading the division in the last three years!

I’m happy to share the call for papers for the 55th annual AJS conference in December, to be held in San Francisco, December 17-19, 3023.

This year, the suggested themes for the division are:

-       Modern Jewish languages: documentation, endangerment, and revitalization

-       Jewish languages in historical perspectives

-       Jewish languages in educational settings

-       Jewish languages and gender

-       Translation and language ideologies in Jewish contexts

Of course, proposals on other topics related to Jewish languages and linguistics are also very welcome, and if you have ideas for pre-formed panels, all the better :) Please feel free to reach out to me at omri.a...@biu.ac.il with any questions or ideas!

Looking forward to the conference,

Warm regards,

Omri Asscher

Department of Translation and Interpreting Studies

Bar-Ilan University