REQ: Help digitally transcribing Greek translation in Corfu siddur

Aharon Varady

Aug 6, 2023, 2:50:36 PM8/6/23
to jewish-l...@googlegroups.com
Over on Greek Wikisource, I've been slowly transcribing the Greek translation of a siddur from Corfu, from 1885, by Yosef Naḥmuli. I'd love some help and also, if you think this project is interesting, some help circulating this effort among those who can recognize Greek letters, and type them using a keyboard. For the text already transcribed, any second (or third) pair of eyes proofreading is also welcome.

The goal for this effort is ultimately to set the digital text of the translation side-by-side with the Hebrew liturgy. But first things first. It would be good to simply complete this transcription. The good news is that the Hebrew has already been completed. It's only the Greek that needs help now. This effort is all part of the larger initiative that is the online and collaborative Open Siddur Project.

If you've never worked in Wikisource before, you must first register with the site before you can edit. Once you've registered, you can edit as you please. If you need some help getting started, let me know.

Here's the text being worked on:

Thank you for your help.

Aharon