From: jewish...@googlegroups.com <jewish...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of RC Klein <yesh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 3:21 PM
To: jewish...@googlegroups.com <jewish...@googlegroups.com>; jewish-l...@googlegroups.com <jewish-l...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [BEWARE-SUSPECTED SPAM][Jewish Names] Fish names in Djerba

I just heard about this fascinating custom amongst Jews from the community of Djerba that they would give names to Kohanim that were specifically "fish"-related as a way of deterring an evil eye. Do you know how I can access a list of such names and what those names mean (i.e. which particular type of fish each name refers to)?

Kol Tuv,

Reuven Chaim Klein

Beitar Illit, Israel

Author of: God versus Gods: Judaism in the Age of Idolatry Lashon HaKodesh: History, Holiness, & Hebrew

ORCiD LinkedIN | Google Scholar | Amazon

Atbildēt visiem
Atbildēt autoram
Pārsūtīt
0 jauni ziņojumi