Dec.5 Panel on Ladino/Judeo-Spanish, hosted by the Jewish Language Project

Hannah Pressman

Nov 23, 2021, 11:39:36 PM11/23/21
to Jewish Languages
Hello everyone,

I am pleased to share about the Jewish Language Project's final event in our fall series on endangered language documentation: "Ladino/Judeo-Spanish Documentation and Revitalization Efforts: Language, Music, and Folklore," taking place on Sunday, Dec. 5th. We've got an amazing panel of experts set to share about their work on Ladino and consider the future of this field:

Moderator: Ora (Rodrigue) Schwarzwald, Linguist, Bar-Ilan University

Panelists:

  • Derya Agis, Linguist, University of the People

  • Rachel Amado Bortnick, Founder, Ladinokomunita

  • Judith Cohen, Ethnomusicologist, Performer, York University

  • Bryan Kirschen, Linguist, Binghamton University

  • Devin Naar, Historian, University of Washington

  • Rey Romero, Linguist, University of Houston-Downtown

Details: Sunday, Dec. 5th, 10-11:30 am Pacific / 1-2:30 pm Eastern / 8-9:30 pm Israel. Attendance is free; Zoom registration is requested. More information & RSVP at https://jewishlanguages.org/events (where you can also check out our upcoming winter series on Languages of the Jews of Iran).

Please feel free to share about this event with anyone you think may be interested! I have included a flyer below as well. Thanks so much for your support, and wishing all who celebrate a Hanuka alegre.

With best wishes,
Hannah

Dec 5 Panel on Ladino Documentation & Revitalization - Jewish Language Project.pdf