Hevra Kadisha on Jewschool

Rabbi Regina Sandler-Phillips

Mar 7, 2018, 1:25:30 PM3/7/18
to Jewish Funerals
Since this list has warmed up again, I wanted to be sure that all were aware of the recent posts on Jewschool in honor of 7 Adar. The seventh post includes links to the previous six:

https://jewschool.com/2018/02/80972/wanting-memories-tender-potential-mens-hevra/

My post highlighted how 7 Adar is one of several traditional dates for honoring the burial fellowship:

https://jewschool.com/2018/02/80962/7-practices-7-adar-torah-one-foot-sacred-fellowship/

May we go from strength to strength.

With many blessings for all the seasons ahead,

Regina

Rabbi Regina Sandler-Phillips, MSW, MPH

"In cities of diversity...we organize ourselves and our money...
to sustain the poor...and visit the sick...and bury the dead...and comfort the bereaved...
for these are ways of peace." (Jerusalem Talmud, Tractate Gittin)