QT Nigunim Album Drop: Undzer Tish!

Simcha Halpert-Hanson

Dec 19, 2022, 1:24:23 PM12/19/22
to jewish-cambr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

In Summer and Fall of 5782, a group of trans, nonbinary, and queer Jews from all over the diaspora came together on Abenaki territory, to record Undzer Tish (Our Table), a compilation of nigunim— mostly wordless melodies of yearning and joy. In our gathering, we wanted to embody our rightful and ancestrally sanctioned place as transmitters and lovers of traditional melodies sacred to each of our lineages, whether familially or spiritually. Undzer Tish is a collection of heimishe (homey/familiar) sounds and our belonging to them <3

The album pre-order and a sneak peak of one of the songs are now live! Pre-ordering means you'll receive the full album download on the day of its release, which is Rosh Chodesh Shevat 5783//January 22nd, 2023

Please consider pre-ordering now, since getting a solid number of pre-orders helps algorithms pick up the album and share it more widely. 18% of all proceeds that come in from pre-orders between now and January 22nd will be donated to Trans Asylum Seekers Support Network (TASSN). Thanks again, and may this song carry you through to the tree renewal and sap runs of Shevat!

Cover art by Ariel Shapiro:
Undzer tish album cover FINAL cropped.jpg
love,
Simcha on behalf of Rena Branson, Noam Lerman, Ariel Shapiro, Sadie "Zeydi" Gold-Shapiro and Itai Gal

This album was made possible by a microgrant from Hadar