lib not being included in gemspec (was Re: unexpected behavior)

Josh Nichols

Dec 26, 2009, 6:00:24 PM12/26/09
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
What version of jeweler are you using?

Just asking because it seems to work for me with latest jeweler (1.4.0).

- Josh

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM, rogerdpack <rogerp...@gmail.com> wrote:
With this gem

http://github.com/rdp/faster_gem_scripts

 3ecb592ed75903722f9ea5a107cafc4d4488cff4

when I run rake gemspec it doesn't include anything from lib/*

when I add
 gemspec.files = Dir['lib/*']

it works fine.

Just as an FYI.
-r

rogerdpack

Dec 26, 2009, 6:50:12 PM12/26/09
to jeweler.rb
> What version of jeweler are you using?
>
> Just asking because it seems to work for me with latest jeweler (1.4.0).

1.4.0

git (1.2.5)

I think I got it though--it was that if I was using cygwin's git.exe,
it missed the files, with msysgit, works swell.
-r

Josh Nichols

Dec 26, 2009, 8:07:50 PM12/26/09
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
Hm, interesting.

That sounds like it's more of a git bug, or a ruby-git bug (which I also maintain). If you're able to isolate the cause, let me know.

- Josh