Error installing, gem seems to require itself

Rob Aldred

Oct 28, 2011, 9:38:30 AM10/28/11
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
I'm having some trouble with my gem, hoping someone can help..
When installing I'm getting:

 → gem install scl
ERROR:  Error installing scl:
scl requires scl (>= 0)

Here's my gemspec generated by jeweler setup in my Rakefile:

I can't see a reason why it would require itself...
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Anuj Dutta

Oct 28, 2011, 9:53:30 AM10/28/11
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rob,

Is there a reason the gem is not in rubygems? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it. I know this doesn't answer your question but I was trying to install your gem to see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks.

Anuj
--
Anuj DUTTA

Rob Aldred

Oct 28, 2011, 9:56:15 AM10/28/11
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
Hey Anuj, there certainly is, it's a private gem its uploaded to our internal gem server.
Maybe that's causing the issue, can't think why.

Anuj Dutta

Rob Aldred

Oct 28, 2011, 10:06:18 AM10/28/11
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
Really sorry for wasting your time, it was the gem server causing the issue. gem hadn't pushed correctly.

Anuj Dutta

Oct 28, 2011, 10:41:50 AM10/28/11
to jewel...@googlegroups.com
No worries.