(Tokyo, Japan) Career Development and Graduate Support Coordinator with the Ashinaga Foundation
Skip to first unread message
Aug 21, 2023, 6:32:02 PMAug 21
Reply to author
Sign in to reply to author
Sign in to forward
You do not have permission to delete messages in this group
Report message as abuse
Sign in to report message as abuse
Show original message
Either email addresses are anonymous for this group or you need the view member email addresses permission to view the original message
Thanks to Ashinaga Foundation for passing along the following job opening.
Job Position: Career Development and Graduate Support Coordinator Organization: Ashinaga Foundation Salary/Hourly Rate: Annual contracts start between 4,123,200 yen and 4,842,000 yen, depending on the experience level, commensurate with experience. One-year contract: The contract may be renewed upon discussion. Other benefits: ✓ Economy class flight to/from Japan from/to the country of residence (at the beginning and end of your employment with Ashinaga) ✓ Language lesson budget support (Japanese, English, French and Portuguese), up to JPY20,000/month. ✓ Work-related travel expenses ✓ Inclusion in an employee insurance program ✓ 20 paid holidays per year (excluding national holidays and weekends Where: Japan, Tokyo Visa Sponsorship: Yes
Description: Start Date: mid-October 2023
Location: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
We are hiring a Career Development and Graduate Support Coordinator to join our international team to support Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) Scholars and Graduates. The position has two roles: (1) to work with the Professional Network and Career Development team (PND) to support AAI Scholars in navigating their career journey through their university life and (2) to work with Graduates and Alumni team (GAT) to facilitate positive engagement of AAI Graduates. This role also requires collaboration with other team members within AAI and Ashinaga regional offices (US, UK, France, Brazil, Uganda, and Senegal).
Your duties would entail the following:
1, Career Development support to the AAI Scholars
Under the overall supervision of the Professional Network and Career Development (PND) team director,
(1) Develop and implement a process to promote career readiness and professional skills of AAI Scholars and to monitor its progress
(2) Run coaching sessions for AAI Scholars on navigating their career journey through skill and experience acquisition and developing CVs, Cover Letters and interview skills.
(3) Support the PND Director to review, design and implement the Ashinaga Internship Placement program (AIP) through opportunity sourcing and evaluation.
(4) Design and implement career development workshops for the different student professional/career stages by collaborating with Student Relations Team
(5) Gather and analyze data for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
2. Support Graduates and Alumni
Under the overall supervision of the manager of the Graduate and Alumni Team (GAT),
(1) Direct support of AAI Graduates as allocated by the GAT Manager
(2) Organizing and supporting Graduates/Alumni events with the active participation of the Graduates and Alumni Association
(3) Supporting regional offices with the AAI graduation process, where necessary. This is inclusive of ensuring all graduation process data is captured for Graduates under your supervision
(4) Provide coaching sessions to Graduates looking to start a business in sub-Saharan Africa or general entrepreneurship advice.
(5) Supervising the GAT intern's work and other staff members.
(6) Other tasks, as deemed necessary by the GAT Manager
English (native or fluent) Bachelor's degree
At least two years of relevant work experience in a relevant field
Understanding of the job market and industry trends in Africa
Understanding of entrepreneurship
Understanding of how to execute and implement career development and coaching strategies
Experience in developing and managing the relationship with business partners
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Optional (desired skill)
French or Japanese
Experience in strategy design
Experience in data collection and analysis
Ability to use Salesforce or Insightly, or other CRMs
Apply at: Please apply by filling out the form below by 14th September (JST). Successful candidates (only) will be contacted within two weeks for a first interview. An assignment might be asked to be completed after the first interview. The total hiring process will be three interviews. Apply from here: https://forms.gle/s4LbjFWkCbiS6seK9