The Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles is seeking a full-time Consular
Staff (specified in VISA-related matters).
For those who are interested, please send
your response via email by Sep. 22nd.
General consular matters including security issues
Visa-related responsibilities, which include:
- Adjudicate immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications for non-Japanese
travelers traveling to visit, work, live, etc. in Japan
- Answering phone calls including inquiries such as simple application
procedures and complex cases regarding Japanese consular policies and
- Assist visa applicants in completing necessary forms and documentation
- Review visa applications based on criteria set forth by the office
- Interview applicants to ascertain information pertaining to their visa
- Venue: Consulate General of Japan in Los Angeles
- Hours: Mon-Fri (except holidays) 9:30am-5:00pm (There could be over-time
duties when necessary)
- Salary: $50,000～$55,000 per year (The salary of newly hired staff will be
determined depending on their background, experiences, and skills)
- Benefits: Group Medical insurance policy is available with “NIPPON LIFE” (80%
of the premium is paid by the Consulate)
- Advanced reading, speaking, listening, and writing skills both in English and
- Good knowledge or interest in Consular works
- Ability to politely and respectfully interact with applicants in a pleasant and
PC and website literacy, basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, etc
- Work Authorization in the U.S. (U.S. Nationality/Green-card or eligible visa
Please send us your resume via email to ry...@ls.mofa.go.jp
with the subject line
“Consular Staff Position”. Only the accepted applicant will receive an email by Sep.
29th to schedule an interview.