Using JetS3t with LibreS3

Rodrigo Malara

Sep 1, 2015, 10:48:35 AM9/1/15
to JetS3t Users
Hello,

I googled around and searched this user group to find any references to using JetS3t with
Skylable S3 implemantation called LibreS3.

It mimics the S3 protocol very well. I can use DragonDisk with it with no problems but
I need to perform some changes using java and I thought of using JetS3t.

Is it possible to change the endpoint to a custom server running LibreS3 ?

Thanks, in advance.

James Murty

Sep 1, 2015, 7:47:12 PM9/1/15
to jets3t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodrigo,

I am not familiar with LibreS3 but if it uses the standard S3 API there is a good chance JetS3t will work with it.

To use a different service endpoint set the "s3service.s3-endpoint" and related properties in your project's jets3t.properties file, or the JetS3tProperties object you provide when you create a service instance. Some services also require you to set an alternative URL path prefix, which you can do with the "s3service.s3-endpoint-virtual-path" property.

Basically, look for all the "s3-endpoint" setting options here: http://www.jets3t.org/toolkit/configuration.html#jets3t

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
James