eucalyptus walrus

Jonas

Dec 19, 2009, 2:33:49 PM12/19/09
to JetS3t Users
Hello,

I am trying to use jets3t to connect to walrus. I changed all needed
things in jets3t.properties. But when i choose "direct login" and type
AWS access key and secret key wich are from eucalyptus Query ID,
Secret Key. It says: Access key must have 20 or 22 characters, Secret
key must have 40 or 38 characters.

James Murty

Dec 19, 2009, 2:47:43 PM12/19/09
to jets3t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I added support for Eucalyptus Walrus I expanded the range of accepted access and secret key lengths as follows:

AWS credentials: Key is 20 chars, Secret is 40 chars
Eucalyptus credentials: Key is 22 chars, Secret is 38 chars

The Walrus keys should fit into the 22/38 character limits. Have these keys changed in length? Or perhaps you are copying-and-pasting an additional character by mistake?

If the keys have changed in length you can work around Cockpit's overly restrictive credential validity checks by re-building the JetS3t code after commenting out the length checks starting on line 230 of org.jets3t.apps.cockpit.gui.LoginCredentialsPanel

Hope this helps,
James