Standard deviation and Time Range should be part of console statistics

Abhishek Kumar

Feb 8, 2015, 2:25:44 AM2/8/15
to jetm...@googlegroups.com
Standard deviation:
---------------------------------

While looking through the console stats... I observed that most of the application methods under observation takes relatively more time in the very first request and the subsequent requests takes relatively very low time. This has a greater impact on performance stats being displayed on console as the max(probably the very first measurement) impacts the average time significantly and there will be a huge difference between min and max timings. PFA image for the scenario.

I think standard deviation would help to understand how may calls to an application method were served in range [min time, average time].

Time Range:
Moreover, while looking around performance stats it's necessary to identify the timings or time range where performance suffers a dip.
I understand that RRD support can provide such stuff, but it would really be great if we can have such information and related filters on console as well.

PerformanceStats.png