FaithWriters Wed., Feb. 01, 2012

Honeybee Rhoads

Feb 1, 2012, 5:52:14 AM2/1/12
to Krazy...@yahoogroups.com

FaithWriters
Wed., Feb. 01, 2012

Our Daily Devotional:

War on Christianity

John 12:32, NIV: "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

As the war on Christianity ensues, many wonder, "What is a Christian to do?" The normal thing to do is yield to our natural tendencies, and react kind for kind--anger for anger--eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. Perhaps our weapon of choice will be clothed in the cause and purported as activism. Yet consider for a moment the power of the cross. Life was brought through death--victory through apparent defeat. The life of Christ is contrary to human tendency, preaching love as a response to hate, and prayer for those who persecute. A declaration of war on our faith is not a cause for a call to arms, but a call for us to follow more steadfastly the Christ who forgave as a response to humiliation. Christ forever changed the world as He gave up His life. If we truly long to subvert the enemy, it will be done not by lifting up the fight, but by lifting up the Christ who has already won the victory.

--

May God Bless,
Honeybee

Please visit: