Hebrews 13:5 - I Will Never Leave Thee

ResLight

Mar 24, 2015, 8:39:40 AM3/24/15
to jesus-an...@googlegroups.com
I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. -- Hebrews 13:5

Also posted at:
http://dev-rlbible.blogspot.com/2015/03/0326DM.html
(One may print this out using the "Print This Page" feature)

WHY, then, should we fear what man may do unto us, or be distressed in regard to [Jehovah]'s work, as though Satan or any other evil power could prevail against it? Nevertheless, it is for us to show our devotion, not only by our zeal, but also by our prudence, ...therefore we are to proceed in [Jehovah]'s work as though the entire responsibility rested upon us, but in our hearts are to recognize that the entire weight and responsibility rest with [Jehovah]. Long ago some one said, "I am immortal until my work is finished;" and we may rely upon it that this is practically true of all engaged in [Jehovah]'s service -- that "Precious in the sight of [Jehovah] is the death of His saints." -- CTR, Z.'03-41

No enemy will be able to pluck the disciple out of the heavenly Father’s hands, because greater is he [God] that is in them than he [Satan] that is in the world (John 10:28,29;1 John 4:4). God will cause all things to work together for good to the Christian, to those who are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). And God will give the faithful believers the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57). These promises assure disciples that no matter what circumstances they face or what fears and doubts the Adversary tries to plant in their minds, God is sure and steadfast and will not abandon them (Psalm 46:1-7; 91:1-12). These promises give believers a firm foundation to stand upon when Satan-induced darts, errors, and doubts fly in from every direction. These promises are especially helpful when Satan plants seeds of doubt and discouragement in a disciple’s mind, one of his favorite tactics. These promises remind us that our standing with God is not based on feelings. The Father himself loveth us and has given his only begotten son to save us (John 3:16; 16:27). These promises state that our standing with God and our acceptance with him rests on our faith in the blood of Jesus (Ephesians 1:5-7; 2:5-8). As long as that faith is sure, we have nothing to fear (2 Timothy 1:7; 1 John 4:18). -- "Taking the Helmet", Herald of Christ's Kingdom, January/February 2009.
http://www.heraldmag.org/2009/09jf_8.htm

Earthly friends may abide for a shorter or longer time, but there is none that promises a more abiding presence than God himself. The assurance of this promise is even more emphasized in the original Greek. In the Greek language, as opposed to English, the repetition of a negative does not cancel out another negative, but multiplies its effect. In the Greek there are no less than five negatives in this text. Noticing this effect, the Wuest translation renders this verse:  “I will never, never leave thee; I will not, I will not, I will not let you down.” God, who is not prone to exaggeration, commits himself to his continuing presence no less than five times in one verse! -- "My God Shall Supply All Your Needs", Author Not Given.