Announcing public beta of JIPE: In-place editing for Jester

1 view

Nat Budin

Jul 15, 2008, 11:16:54 AM7/15/08
to jest...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm proud to announce JIPE, a set of Jester-based in-place editing
controls for Rails applications. These not only replace the old Rails
built-in in_place_editor helpers, but they also provide an AJAXy image
toggle for boolean values.

To install JIPE into a Rails application, do:

script/plugin install http://ae-rails-plugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/jipe/

The README file contains further instructions for installing and using it.

I've been using JIPE in a production app for two release cycles now,
so I feel confident enough at this point to release this to the
general public. I am sure there are many improvements that could be
made and bugs that could be fixed, so please send me your suggestions,
comments, and questions. Thanks everyone!

Nat