New Jester Release?

Neville

Apr 13, 2008, 11:05:50 PM4/13/08
to Jester JS
Any thoughts on a bug fix release for Jester?

I'm particularly keen on compatibility with Prototype 1.6 and IE 7.

I'd also like to suggest replacing the current JSON response "eval"
with Prototypes JSON eval as it sanitizes the response before
"eval"ing and should be safer. eg:

old:
<code>
eval("var attributes = " + transport.responseText); // hashes need
this kind of eval
</code>

new:
<code>
var attributes = null;
try {
attributes = transport.responseText.evalJSON(false);
}
catch (e) {}; //do something on exception?
<code>

Eric Mill

Apr 15, 2008, 3:53:25 PM4/15/08
to Jester JS
You're not the first person to ask for a bugfix release, and I'm not
doing a good job of responding. Jester is a work project for me,
developed on company time, and my priorities have just been on other
things for a while. That said, a bugfix to be compatible with
Prototype 1.6 and IE7 is *needed*, and I'm willing to commit to having
it out by the end of next week.

Also worth noting is that we've moved Jester to git, at
http://github.com/thoughtbot/jester/tree/master. So, the community
can take a more active role in helping develop Jester for those times
when I'm not in a place to lead it, as has been more often the case.

-- Eric

Eric Mill

Apr 25, 2008, 11:04:55 AM4/25/08
to Jester JS
OK, I'm not going to be able to get this out today, I'm having
problems with my test suite. But I want to at least list the issues I
plan on resolving, and get feedback on whether that's sufficient for
compatibility with IE7 and Prototype 1.6, and other needed fixes.

I've marked all the issues for this release as "Accepted", this is #1,
2, 3, 7, 8, and 9.

The filers of these issues all provided code to fix them, so once I
figure out my problems setting up the suite on my other computer, I'll
integrate them.

-- Eric

On Apr 15, 3:53 pm, Eric Mill <kproject...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're not the first person to ask for a bugfix release, and I'm not
> doing a good job of responding.  Jester is a work project for me,
> developed on company time, and my priorities have just been on other
> things for a while.  That said, a bugfix to be compatible with
> Prototype 1.6 and IE7 is *needed*, and I'm willing to commit to having
> it out by the end of next week.
>
> Also worth noting is that we've moved Jester to git, athttp://github.com/thoughtbot/jester/tree/master.  So, the community

Eric Mill

Apr 25, 2008, 5:55:20 PM4/25/08
to Jester JS
I just committed fixes for #1 and #2, Prototype 1.6 and IE7
incompatibility. I also fixed a small bug in the test suite. Check
'er out.

-- Eric