Gears on Rails (built on Jester)

Eric Mill

Jul 15, 2008, 10:19:02 AM7/15/08
to Jester JS
Google posted on their Code Blog a thing about "Gears on Rails", a
plugin a couple of people developed for making one's Rails application
work offline. They mention it's built on top of Jester, which is
awesome.

The Google blog posting to see the description:
http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2008/07/take-your-rails-application-offline.html

The codebase for the 'acts_as_local' plugin for Rails:
http://gearsonrails.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/acts_as_local/

A podcast interview with the authors:
http://google-developer-podcast.googlecode.com/files/gearsonrails-googledeveloperpodcast.mp3

It's great to see people building on top of Jester to do something
really cool.

-- Eric

dlee

Jul 15, 2008, 10:52:49 AM7/15/08
to Jester JS
Great! I think RIA(Ajax or Flex) and REST(through jester) is a perfect
match.

We are developing a project using
Flex + Flex-Ajax Bridge + Jester + RESTful Rails
It works very well.

--dlee