Who are my brothers and my sisters?

firecra...@aol.com

Jun 9, 2011, 8:14:29 AM6/9/11
to jerusale...@googlegroups.com

One of the biggest issues I struggle with is the issue of who are my brothers and my sisters? Yehshua says that my brothers and my sisters are those that do the will of the Father. He says "If you love Me, keep My commandments." In Revelation it tells us how to identify who the saints are "And the dragon was enraged with the woman and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD """""AND""""" have the testimony of Jesus Christ." Revelation 12:17 "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those WHO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD  """""AND""""" the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12  Clearly, the saints are those that keep the commandments of YHWH. What about those that proclaim Yehshua but don't keep the commandments of YHWH? What is my relationship to be with them? Certainly I cannot judge them and must act with love toward them. However, at this point they are not my brothers and sisters unless they repent and desire to keep the commandments of YHWH. In Matthew 7:21 it says "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS." These people are surprised. They thought they were His followers. He rejects them because they were without the law. I find myself more and more wanting to be with just my brothers and my sisters. I can't wait for the Sabbath so that I can be with them. I really can't wait until the Feast of Tabernacles so I can spend a week with them. I want to witness truth to those that are still caught in the counterfeit "christian" system, but they don't want to hear it. I know I must love them, but guess what the defintion of love is? "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. For this is the love of God, that we KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, and His commandments are not burdensome." 1John 5:2,3 "Now by this we know that we know Him, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. He who says, "I know Him", and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him." 1John 2:3-5 There are a FEW in the counterfeit "christian" system that will eventually repent and come out of her. I would do anything to help them come out of that system and see the truth. I am not able to do that without YHWH. Only if He is working in that person can I have any influence on them. Sometimes I feel bad that I don't have a desire to be around those that don't love HIm and desire to keep His commandments, but I have been told to "Come out of her, MY people." Shalom! Roger

Jim

Jun 9, 2011, 11:32:32 PM6/9/11
to jerusale...@googlegroups.com
Very well written,,

GROUP RULES: http://jerusalemcouncil.org/jcrules

Shalom
~ The JC Team

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this email are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by JerusalemCouncil.org. If you have questions about this discussion group, send email to con...@jerusalemcouncil.org.

Rebecca McGrane

Jun 13, 2011, 1:04:40 PM6/13/11
to jerusale...@googlegroups.com
We personally attempt to treat everyone as if they are our brothers
and sisters. This helps us reduce the instances where in we mistreat
others. May be a simple approach but it works well for us.

--
Rebecca McGrane