If() question

dei....@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 9:28:54 AM2/14/17
to Jep Java Users
I'm very new to Jep, and have a very simple question. When using an if() expression, I'm trying to get the condition to evaluate whether two variables are equal. But Jep doesn't seem to recognize the equal sign as an expression. In Excel I would say if (a=b,c,d). Is there a proper syntax to do that in Jep? It keeps telling me that I have an error.

I'm not a programmer, so keep answers very simple please. I looked at the Jep documentation page, but didn't find an answer there.

Richard Morris

Feb 14, 2017, 9:41:54 AM2/14/17
to Jep Java Users, dei....@gmail.com
By default, the syntax follows that of java. To compare two variables use

   if (a==b,c,d)

It is possible to change the symbols used. See http://www.singularsys.com/jep/doc/html/operators.html for details or post here and I'll help you set things up.

Richard