Is Jep still active?

luke.s...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 5:45:50 PM1/28/14
to jep-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I've been looking at java mathematical evaluation engines for a project and have spent quite a bit of time evaluating Jep.  A week and a half ago I sent some detailed questions to in...@singularsys.com and still haven't received a reply.

Jep looks like a good match for my needs, but I'm pretty reluctant to fork out $950 for a source licence if both the company and product are essentially dead.

Can anybody tell me what is going on with both Singularsys and Jep?

- Luke

Richard Morris

Jan 28, 2014, 6:27:04 PM1/28/14
to jep-...@googlegroups.com, luke.s...@gmail.com, Nathan Funk
Yes we are still active. Nathan is normally pretty good at handling support queries, I'm not sure what the delay is. I often handle the more technical questions. You can either post your question on the forum or email me directly at ri...@singsurf.org and I'll try and help.

Richard Morris

Luke Sleeman

Jan 28, 2014, 6:29:20 PM1/28/14
to Richard Morris, jep-...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Funk
Fantastic.  My questions are indeed of a very technical nature, so I'll just forward the e-mail I sent to in...@singularsys.com

- Luke

martin...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2015, 3:52:05 PM8/30/15
to Jep Java Users, luke.s...@gmail.com
I see the sourceforge account has been suspended. We have been using JEP for some years but have now run into technical problems. We have emailed Nathan but have not received any response.

Is the company still active?

Martin

Nathan Funk

Dec 12, 2015, 1:21:03 PM12/12/15
to Jep Java Users
Hi Luke,

The sourceforge account was originally used for the main hosting of Jep. After we started the singularsys.com site, we decided to redirect people to the web site from sourceforge indicating that the project had moved there. You can still download the older open source versions of Jep through there though. Note we also have a github project here:

https://github.com/nathanfunk/jep-java-gpl