Current project status and documentation

Fu Bo Xia

Sep 4, 2018, 1:40:36 AM9/4/18
to jentrata
Hi there,

I got Jentrata running following the Installation Guide.
Now I'm try to figure how to use it, is there a User/Admin Guide or other documentations available?

Also, is this project still active?  The last update on github is 2 years ago.

Thanks,
Fu Bo

Aaron Walker

Sep 4, 2018, 4:37:08 AM9/4/18
to jentrata
Hi Fu Bo,

Jentrata is based on the upstream Hermes project (http://hermes.cecid.org/en/latest/) which much of this documentation applies to Jentrata. Although the preferred deployment for Jentrata is via docker see https://github.com/jentrata/jentrata-msh#running-jentrata-with-docker The major difference between Jentrata and Hermes is jentrata supports clustering and additional integration options other than the default web services that Hermes provides

Jentrata/Hermes implements a number of very mature B2B messaging standard which have been around for close to 20 years and have reached feature maturity from a protocol perspective.

Jentrata has been running in production with a number of large deployments globally for many years without any major issues.

I am the first to admit Jentrata lacks documentation and this is something that is being worked on albeit slowly. The community for open source B2B gateways is pretty small so am always open to some help improving documentation.

If you have any specific questions about setup or configuration please let me know

cheers

Aaron

Fu Bo Xia

Sep 5, 2018, 7:43:29 PM9/5/18
to jentrata
Thanks Aaron,

The Hermes documentation is pretty good, so I was able setup partnerships to run some tests.

Are there any info on how to configure clustering and jms in Jentrata?

Thanks,
Fu Bo