Implementation MEP binding "Pull"

Johannes Müller

Aug 29, 2014, 1:20:57 PM8/29/14
to jent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all: thanks for the jentrata project. It is great to see such a nicely engineered piece around!

I have played a bit with the camel-based jentrata version (https://github.com/jentrata/jentrata) and was wondering whether it has any Pull MEP support implemented.
I am asking since I haven't found anything related to that in the code. If it is not implemented yet, were would be a good place to start?

Kind regards,
Johannes

Aaron Walker

Aug 29, 2014, 8:23:54 PM8/29/14
to jent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. The Pull MEP protocol of AS4 isn't currently supported in Jentrata.

The longer term plan for Jentrata is to fully support all profiles of AS4 including support for pulling messages plus port over ebms 2 and A2 support from the old Jentrata-MSH/hermes to the new platform.

Right now Pull MEP support isn't such a high priority as most of the support customers that are using Jentrata in a market that doesn't require Pull support and I am having to prioritise the features they require above these types of features.

How I saw this being implemented was the Pull MEP would be a configuration option in the partner agreement and messages would be stored in the message repository until requested by the end user.

If you want to start a separate thread on here to discuss the detailed design for MEP support would be happy to contribute to it.

Pull MEP support would be a GREAT contribution to the project if you would be interested in working on that. I can help point you in the right direction.

cheers

Aaron

Johannes Müller

Sep 9, 2014, 10:49:32 AM9/9/14
to jent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately, I was out of office the last week and had just now the chance to read your reply.

It is interesting to see how different requirements could be. For us here at Bosch SI, Pull MEP is a major requirement :-)

We start implementing the Pull MEP feature and contribute it to the project.
Since all our code contributions to open source projects need approval by our management, it will take some time until we can send you a pull request.
Due to the process this will approximately not happen before November.

Our idea for the implementation so far are as follows:
Respond to a pull request
  1. Add Enum for MEP and MEPBinding to PartnerAgreement
  2. In EBMS3InboundRouteBuilder add a choice to filter for pull signal messages
  3. Add new route to fetch pooled messages for a given CPA_ID from message store
    • Probably extend the MessageStore implementation to fetch the relevant messages from the db

Send a pull request
  1. Create ftl template for pull request signal msg
  2. Add choice to "_jentrataEbmsGenerateMessage" route to handle pull MEP binding case
    • generate signal message based on template
  3. further process the signal msg the same way an ordinary user msg would be processed

What do you think, is this a viable approach?

Kind regards,
Johannes

Aaron Walker

Jan 4, 2015, 7:37:00 PM1/4/15
to jent...@googlegroups.com, instdev...@gmail.com
Hi Johannes,

I hope you’ve had a great Christmas and New Year

I was wondering if you’ve made any progress on the Pull MEP support for Jentrata.

I would be keen to review any possible pull request as I am currently looking at adding this type of capability to the platform and would like to avoid negating any work you have already undertaken.

cheers

Aaron