Jentrata error

hprameswara

Nov 17, 2015, 10:39:51 PM11/17/15
to jentrata-dev
Hi,

I'm facing an issue with jentrata installation on windows.  Basically i've followed the instruction on github, but I use windows server 2012 R2.

Problem i'm having is, I got an error saying could not initialize class hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.Sys.  I'm using maven 3.3.3 with JDK 1.7 to build the master-branch as shown in https://github.com/jentrata/jentrata-msh.  I used tomcat 6 to host the app.

Basically here's the error I'm having:

HTTP Status 500 - Servlet.init() for servlet AdminDispatcher threw exception

type Exception report

message Servlet.init() for servlet AdminDispatcher threw exception

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet AdminDispatcher threw exception
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:620)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.Sys
	hk.hku.cecid.piazza.commons.servlet.http.HttpDispatcher.init(HttpDispatcher.java:63)
	org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:620)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In addition to that, I also use MS SQL server 2012 for the database.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
hprameswara

Aaron Walker

Nov 18, 2015, 6:28:10 AM11/18/15
to jentra...@googlegroups.com
Hi hprameswara,

how are you running Jentrata? Via the jentrata.bat batch file?

 have you manually set the JENTRATA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME environment variables?

What path have installed jentrata into? I would suggest trying a path like c:\jentrata

cheers

Aaron

AWS Summit

Hanggara Prameswara

Nov 18, 2015, 6:47:54 AM11/18/15
to jentra...@googlegroups.com

Hi Aaron,

I run it by creating a symlink to webapps/Corvus in the tomcat 6 installation folder.

I've set those 2 variables manually and I'm installing it to D:\websites\jentrata.

Is the master branch a stable copy?

Hprameswara

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "jentrata-dev" group.

Aaron Walker

Nov 18, 2015, 7:37:08 AM11/18/15
to jentra...@googlegroups.com
On windows I would copy the webapps/Corvus into the tomcat webapps directory but also make sure you have the JENTRATA_HOME set to point to D:\websites\jentrata

Also I would recommend running it on tomcat 7+

master is pretty stable no major issue.

I tend not to test on windows very often but I do know people have been able to get the current version working using a similar setup to you...

Have you also looking in the Jentrata user forum? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jentrata

cheers

Aaron

Aaron Walker

Nov 18, 2015, 7:41:33 AM11/18/15
to jentrata-dev
another thing avoid installing Java, Jentrata and tomcat in paths with spaces in them
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jentrata-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hanggara Prameswara

Nov 18, 2015, 7:00:02 PM11/18/15
to jentra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

Do you know the person that can make this to work or at least the setup?  I've been trying to set it up in the last 2 days with no luck.  I've recompiled the master branch using maven 3.3.3 and JDK1.7  I always get common.sys error.

I've tried your suggestion as well with no luck.

Thanks

Aaron Walker

Nov 19, 2015, 8:45:10 PM11/19/15
to jentrata-dev
Hi,

What timezone are you in? Maybe you can jump into the Jentrata gitter channel and I can see I can help you https://gitter.im/jentrata/jentrata-msh. I'm in UTC+11 an am currently in the channel and will be for most of today so you can try and catch me there.

Do you need to run Jentrata on Windows? Can you run it on linux?

cheers

Aaron
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jentrata-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Erno Marks

Nov 13, 2016, 9:53:35 AM11/13/16
to jentrata-dev
Running jentrata-msh on Windows should not be a problem.

I encountered exactly the same problem. In my case the problem was caused by a missing trust-store file.
By default, jentrata-msh looks for a trust-store jks-file named 'cacerts' in '/etc/ssl/certs/java' with password 'changeit'. (You can change all this in the configuration files.)
Creating this trust-store will solve the problem.

Installation and configuration for Windows is almost the same as for unix:
- use jentrata.bat, and start it with 'jentrata.bat run' (Command line option 'run' is to start Tomcat.)
- follow instructions in README.md
- skip 'create a symlink', because jentrata.bat will copy the directory.
- skip 'set JAVA_OPTS', because jentrata.bat will do that already.
- use pgAdmin to create user corvus (with 'Superuser' and 'Can create databases'), and to create databases ebms and as2 with owner corvus.