National Champions - again!

Ed Warner

Jul 19, 2021, 8:25:40 AM7/19/21
to Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, jennystran...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Peter Nieh and Anthony Wagner for repeating as Great Grandmaster Champions over the weekend in Denver! Grats also to Stephen LaBonge for his first title with the Relics! (They dominated the championship game 15-3 😳)

Shout out to Thirst ‘N’ Howl as well. They advanced to the quarterfinals and bettered their original seeding!

Congratulations to all!!

Anthony David Wagner

Jul 19, 2021, 10:40:42 AM7/19/21
to Ed Warner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, jennystran...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eddie. Was great to see so many of the South Bay ultimate family shredding at Nats!

Faisal H

Jul 19, 2021, 12:24:03 PM7/19/21
to ejwar...@gmail.com, Encinal Ultimate, Ultimate Cupertino, jennystran...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations!!!

— faisal

Mike Sexter

Jul 19, 2021, 12:51:01 PM7/19/21
to Ed Warner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee
And congratulations to "Legends of the Old West" for beating the East team in the first ever Legends Championship game (60+ Years old). Our area was represented by Donald Wells, Rand Wrobel, Kerry Karter and Mike Sexter. All of whom had at least one score and/or assist.

Intrigued? There will be a 4-6 team Legends division at Sarasota Sunset in November. Contact me and I'll get you on the mailing list. Deadlines are approaching!

- Mike

Mike Sexter

Jul 19, 2021, 1:12:46 PM7/19/21
to Ed Warner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee
For the Sarasota Legends event there's a special dispensation in order to get numbers. Anyone born before 1964 can play!

- Mike

Doug Irving

Jul 19, 2021, 2:32:15 PM7/19/21
to Mike Sexter, Ed Warner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee
Once again, accommodation for the masses at play here against those of us who are seriously old.

Gary Maxwell

Jul 19, 2021, 2:54:14 PM7/19/21
to Doug Irving, Mike Sexter, Ed Warner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee
Over 60'ers like me would have more incentive to play in a tournament if they provide a full bar in the medical tent.

sam kolb

Jul 19, 2021, 3:59:19 PM7/19/21
to Ed Warner, Anthony David Wagner, Ultimate Cupertino, Encinal Ultimate, jennystran...@googlegroups.com
Congrats everyone. Miss playing with y'all, but so happy to see and share in your success. I'm sure my hectoring, fouling, and arguing with all of you over the years prepared you in some small part to compete at this level.

-Sam

On Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:47:54 AM EDT, Anthony David Wagner <awa...@stanford.edu> wrote:

Thanks Eddie. Was great to see so many of the South Bay ultimate family shredding at Nats!

> On Jul 19, 2021, at 6:25 AM, Ed Warner <ejwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Congratulations to Peter Nieh and Anthony Wagner for repeating as Great Grandmaster Champions over the weekend in Denver! Grats also to Stephen LaBonge for his first title with the Relics! (They dominated the championship game 15-3 😳)
>
> Shout out to Thirst ‘N’ Howl as well. They advanced to the quarterfinals and bettered their original seeding!
>
> Congratulations to all!!

Mike Sexter

Jul 19, 2021, 6:06:32 PM7/19/21
to Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee, Ultimate Cupertino
Last note in the Sarasota Legends division. I am not the organizer but will be passing your email addresses to him. Also just do a reply not a reply-all. No need to spam 3 mailing lists.

- Mike

On Jul 19, 2021, at 2:55 PM, Catherine <catherine_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Do they also make special accommodation for age 55-year-old females?

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:54 AM, Gary Maxwell

On Jul 19, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Mike Sexter <mike....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Mike Sexter

Jul 20, 2021, 3:47:33 PM7/20/21
to Ultimate Cupertino, Jenny Strand Ultimate Frisbee
Actual last word on the Legends division on Sarasota Sunset in November. Below is the email from the organizer. Follow the link to the spreadsheet or email Zemo directly. Cut out the middleman! Sorry for the initial misdirection...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Zemo Trevathan <ze...@thealignedteam.com>
Date: July 9, 2021 at 11:22:05 AM EDT
Subject: Update: LEGENDS DIVISION A GO AT SARASOTA! + Aurora Plan -- ACTION NEEDED!

To All of You Who Have Signed on to the Legends Interest Spreadsheet:

Huge momentum is happening and we need your participation and energy!
(and apologies to all who are getting these messages in multiple places)

#1 -- If you can play in the Legends Division in Sarasota (58 is the cutoff for men, 55 for women) on November 6,7, please fill out a registration form (link below)!  Even if you have already expressed interest on our spreadsheet.  Rodger needs the registration forms to run the division.  And please spread the word and encouragement to anyone else eligible.  We're at 17 registrants as of this morning, and need 60 to run the 4 team format we are planning. Be part of history!

Thanks to everyone who has helped make this a reality,
Zemo

--
                          Zemo Trevathan
                            (919) 225-3902