Report From Onboard Jenny

Da...@schramm-family.net

Feb 28, 2011, 7:32:21 AM2/28/11
to JennyJ...@googlegroups.com
Monday, February 28, 2011 7:31:07 AM Location: Aquamarina, Daytona Latitude is 29 degrees 12.093 minutes north. Longitude is 81 degrees 0.745 minutes west. No recent weather observation is available. You know you have found a nice anchorage when the local boaters raft up there for the weekend. Rockhouse Creek was delightful. Several boats came in Saturday to enjoy the weekend. Some rafted up near us, and several went through an unmarked channel to get to the beach islands just west of the ICW. We dropped the dinghy and checked out the ocean beach, a state park, on the east side of the waterway, then came back and checked out the island beaches. In warm weather, this would be a great place to bring the kids for a weekend romping in the water. Sunday dawned clear and calm. So, we decided to come on up to the marina and get docked. It was only a ten mile trip along a wide stretch of inland water. Nothing special. The marina here is being run by a bank and is pretty empty. But the monthly rate was compelling. The docks are set up for large boats, and that is what is here. They are tall, fixed docks and you dock against large pilings. Today I'll get the fender board down and set up. It's really handy in this situation. Jenny is a small addition among the mega yachts. It is very quiet because I think only about three of the boats here are occupied. Then on to the chores: washing Jenny down, getting the motorcycle down, finding the local Publix, Wal-Mart, West Marine, Home Depot, the raceway for tickets, etc. David Powered by BoatExec http://www.BoatExec.com

Da...@schramm-family.net

Mar 2, 2011, 12:18:05 PM3/2/11
to JennyJ...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday, March 02, 2011 12:17:49 PM Location: Aquamarina, Daytona Beach The boat position was not recorded. No recent weather observation is available. We've been busy as usual when we are at a dock. Last year we decided the blinds in the salon needed to be replaced. So, when we got our IRS refund this year we decided to do it. We went to Home Depot and ordered some really pretty Levelor blinds in merlot for each window. They don't have pull cords, you just pull them down or push them up. That night I realized that I needed to refinish the last of the teak window casings, the ones on the starboard side of the salon before then new blinds arrived. UGH. So, we pulled the credenza out from the wall and I have been sanding again. Two are sanded and sealed. One more to go. The individual blinds will work nicely with the home theater speakers as the two stereo ones fit between them on the starboard side of the salon and the blinds will now come down and not cover these speakers. Nice. Someday we will get a big flat screen TV to go between the speakers, but for now we are using a 23 inch LCD computer monitor that plugs into the BluRay system. With then new blinds, we also decided it was time for some new throw pillows too. So, today we went online and found some nice ones with just the right colors, and just enough sea flavor. I had to get Melinda to promise to throw the old ones out! Otherwise, we would be wallowing in pillows... I hope to have the mess in the salon finished and cleaned up by Saturday so we can begin Bike week with our home put back together. We've got tickets for the Supercross race on Saturday. Life is good. David Powered by BoatExec http://www.BoatExec.com