Fun Weekend

David Schramm

Nov 14, 2010, 6:37:52 PM11/14/10
to jennyj...@googlegroups.com

Melinda and I had a fun weekend starting with Friday afternoon aboard the S/V catamaran Sam the Skull.  I met them in Isla Mujeres and they came in here during the week on their way back to the Rio Dulce via Mexico.  It was the first time Melinda was onboard a cat, so she found that interesting along with John and Barbara who are from Scotland.  We had a good time.

Yesterday we went to the local airport to watch a big sky diving event.

It was the first time Melinda had seen this.    That evening at sunset we took the dinghy through a canal to the sea.  It was lined with expensive homes and mangrove trees.

Then up early this morning for an hour ride to Key West to watch the world offshore powerboat racing (www.superboat.com).

These boats were awesome fast.  What an incredible spectacle.

The stills don’t do it justice.

David A Schramm

M/V Jenny

Jenny’s Journey