Report From Onboard Jenny

Da...@schramm-family.net

May 25, 2011, 5:14:22 PM5/25/11
to JennyJ...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:14:07 PM Location: Oriental, NC The boat position was not recorded. This weather observation was taken on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:59:06 PM local time. Observation location: Oriental, NC. Observation position was not recorded. The air temperature is 90, and water temperature is 74 degrees fahrenheit. The forecast is sunny. The current weather is dry. The sky is clear or a few clouds. The wind is 5 knots from the south. The visibility is 6 nautical miles. The wave height is 0 feet with 0 foot swells. The barometer is 1013 millibars and falling. What have we been doing? Well, we are in a slip in Oriental, NC for the month. We needed to stop here so we could arrange for a car and drive back to Florida for my daughter Laura's wedding. This is a nice friendly town, small and very quiet. It seems to be a favorite stop for boats heading north, although most have gone by already. We were planning to be at Annapolis a couple of weeks ago, but Florida keeps calling... The marina here is somewhat exposed to the south, and there have been a couple of days when Jenny really rocked. But the price is right, and the water is fresh enough that there is no bottom growth. We have been keeping our crab trap down all the time and usually have a couple of nice size ones to add to our dinner each night. Yummy! Last weekend we went into New Bern to check it out and see a motorcycle gathering. New Bern was pretty quiet too. We are dying to be in a city again. We also rode up to Beaufort, NC on Sunday to check it out. That is a nice place. The marina is right along the main street, and there are plenty of shops and resturants. The water is Bahama blue and clear right up to the shore. Unfortunatly, the marina is charging $2.30 per foot for an overnight stay ($105.8 for Jenny) and was not offering any monthly rates. Plus the anchorage is too shallow in most places and pretty full. So... not for us. I have been working on a new internet business and have it just about ready to launch. If you are interested, just visit www.postard.com and check it out. Right now you need to use your control panel to manually turn message queueing on before you download the app. I'm working on that. We have been running the AC now since it has become summer now. After dinner we walk to the local coffee / ice cream store for ice cream. Then back to the boat for American Idol and tomorrow So You Think You Can Dance. We haven't really met fellow boaters here. Hopefully that will change in Annapolis. Thats about it. Hope all is well and no one has been caught up in these aweful tornados. David Powered by BoatExec http://www.BoatExec.com