Re: Digest for jenkinsrb@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Michael Dodge

Jan 1, 2012, 7:30:40 PM1/1/12
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 3:25 AM, <jenk...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/jenkinsrb/topics

    Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kkawa...@cloudbees.com> Dec 31 01:28PM -0800

    I've posted my proposed chage to jenkins-plugin-runtime.rb at
    https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins-plugin-runtime.rb/pull/1

    This is also documented at [2].

    If someone (I'm mostly looking at Charles) can take a look at it and see
    if the general direction is OK, that'd be greatly appreciated.
    (This came up in the context of supporting RVM as a matrix axis.)

    One thing I notice is the asymmetry in associating various proxy objects
    (see describe_as/descriptor_is/JPP::register in [1]) I wonder if we
    should be better off just having one method that does all the
    association in one go, like

    register self, J::P::P::AxisProxy, J::P::P::AxisDescriptorProxy,
    Java.hudson.matrix.Axis

    ?

    The other thing I notice is the name overlaps. In the current naming
    convention, we've got three "Builder"s --- one Java class,
    Jenkins::Plugin::Proxies::Builder, and Jenkins::Tasks::Builder. I'd like
    to suggest that proxies have the "Proxy" suffix (that is,
    Jenkins::Plugin::Proxies::BuilderProxy) to reduce the confusion.

    [1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/rvm-plugin/blob/axis/models/axis.rb
    [2] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Ruby+glue+layer
    --
    Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/
    Try Nectar, our professional version of Jenkins

For more options, visit this group.