Packaging of Ruby plugins

R. Tyler Croy

Oct 7, 2011, 1:53:51 AM10/7/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking about this on the walk home this evening, as far as I can tell,
a lot of the actually loading of code is performed in
jenkins-plugin-runtime/lib/jenkins/plugin.rb. If that's the case, why not just
drop the built gem file into the plugins/ directory?

I'm anxious to get this topic at least somewhat resolved (packaging, not
distribution) along with issue #4
(https://github.com/cowboyd/jenkins-plugin/issues/4) as we're *very* anxious at
Lookout to start writing some Ruby plugins to meet some of our internal needs
(Better Sauce OnDemand plugin, Vagrant plugin, Custom BuildWrapper for Gerrit
jobs, Better Android Emulator plugin, etc).

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
Code: http://github.com/rtyler
Chatter: http://identi.ca/agentdero