About Release of Jenkins Ruby Development

Wendy Gu

Dec 4, 2011, 11:01:37 AM12/4/11
to jenkins.rb
Hello, I want to know when "Jenkins Ruby Development" will be
released?
Is there any plan now?

Thanks,
Wendy

Charles Lowell

Dec 5, 2011, 11:47:35 AM12/5/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
Wendy,

There is an alpha version released, and you can now release ruby plugins into the main jenkins update center. Here is an example of a "live" plugin impelmented in Ruby

cheers,
Charles

Wenting Gu

Dec 8, 2011, 11:48:15 PM12/8/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
We wrote a plugin for Jenkins CI named SmartJenkins to reduce the electricity consumption by shutting down idle slaves and re-schedules jobs to avoid the rush hours of electricity.
This is a introduction page for SmartJenkins

We want to re-write the plugin in Ruby with Jenkins Ruby Development. And now we have wrote most of the extension points used in SmartJenkins in Ruby.

Can we have some advice to this plugin? For example,  what function in this plugin will satisfy user's needs?

yours,
Wendy