TestBuilder config view rendering failure

Hiroshi Nakamura

Sep 20, 2011, 11:59:07 AM9/20/11
to jenkinsrb
I just added TestBuilder config view to prototype-plugin
(views/TestBuilder/config.erb.) It looks to work for the first
rendering but it doesn't work for 2nd rendering. If you have some
time, please build jenkins-plugin-runtime and
jenkins-prototype-ruby-plugin, then try to add 'Test Builder' twice,
or remove and re-add it. I must be overlooking something. Any help
will be appreciated!

// NaHi

Charles Lowell

Sep 20, 2011, 2:18:47 PM9/20/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
I'm able to add a whole bunch of test builders to the project, and delete them and re-add them. I haven't seen any errors, and the <%= Time.now %> in config.erb is always up-to-date. Could it be jruby/java version?

Here it's 1.6.1/jdk6

cheers,
Charles

Hiroshi Nakamura

Sep 20, 2011, 11:02:29 PM9/20/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for confirmation.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 03:18, Charles Lowell <cow...@thefrontside.net> wrote:
> I'm able to add a whole bunch of test builders  to the project, and delete them and re-add them. I haven't seen any errors, and the <%= Time.now %> in config.erb is always up-to-date. Could it be jruby/java version?
>
> Here it's 1.6.1/jdk6

JDK: 7u2-pre
JRuby: master branch: jruby 1.7.0.dev (ruby-1.8.7-p330) (2011-09-20
6edec02) (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.7.0_02-ea)
[linux-amd64-java]
Chromium: 12.0.742.112 (90304) Ubuntu 11.04

Attached 'Screenshot.png' is what I'm getting. It's enough for me
since I have a workaround (reloading :-)

Anyway, finally I reached stapler-jruby from Ruby plugin (except from
simple RootAction)

// NaHi

Screenshot.png

Charles Lowell

Sep 21, 2011, 7:22:15 AM9/21/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I see what you're seeing now. Should config.erb be rendered when you first add it? In that case, I am seeing what you see. Perhaps there is a different template for 'new' than for 'update'

> <Screenshot.png>

Hiroshi Nakamura

Sep 21, 2011, 7:59:43 PM9/21/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 20:22, Charles Lowell <cow...@thefrontside.net> wrote:
> Oh, I see what you're seeing now. Should config.erb be rendered when you first add it? In that case, I am seeing what you see. Perhaps there is a different template for 'new' than for 'update'

Thanks. So the issue seems to exist in my code. You know, I still
don't have clear understanding of stapler. :)

I'm porting ui-samples to Ruby now. I hope it helps to understand
stapler integration better. I'll be back to this issue later.

// NaHi

Charles Lowell

Sep 22, 2011, 8:32:36 AM9/22/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

On Sep 21, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Hiroshi Nakamura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 20:22, Charles Lowell <cow...@thefrontside.net> wrote:
>> Oh, I see what you're seeing now. Should config.erb be rendered when you first add it? In that case, I am seeing what you see. Perhaps there is a different template for 'new' than for 'update'
>
> Thanks. So the issue seems to exist in my code. You know, I still
> don't have clear understanding of stapler. :)

Yeah, it's still a bit fuzzy in my head too.

> I'm porting ui-samples to Ruby now. I hope it helps to understand
> stapler integration better. I'll be back to this issue later.

Great, let me know if you need anything.