cowboyd changes and kohsuke changes merged

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aug 12, 2011, 11:18:37 AM8/12/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com

I've moved back the ruby code from ruby-runtime-plugin to
jenkins-plugins.rb, merged the old-master branch with the master branch,
thereby unified cowboyd's efforts and mine.

I'm not very happy with the number of steps it takes to reflect a change
made in jenkins-plugins.rb into a fully functioning system (build gem,
rebuild ruby-runtime, then rerun JVM) --- I'm hoping that Charles can
figure out a way to directly load jenkins-plugins.rb/lib into the
Jenkins JVM without going through ruby-runtime.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi | CloudBees, Inc. | http://cloudbees.com/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Aug 12, 2011, 12:22:07 PM8/12/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com, Hiroshi Nakamura

> 08:19:59 AM) NaHi: kohsuke: Thank you. That page much help me and others. Hope followers know mvn well... At first, I tried it with mvn3 and failed. :)

Nahi reported that there's potentially an issue in building one of the
projects. I wonder if he can clarify what error he saw.

I do use Maven3 for building these things, and at least it works for me.

Charles Lowell

Aug 12, 2011, 2:12:30 PM8/12/11
to jenk...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. I'll have a look at the changes.

On Aug 12, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> I've moved back the ruby code from ruby-runtime-plugin to jenkins-plugins.rb, merged the old-master branch with the master branch, thereby unified cowboyd's efforts and mine.
>
> I'm not very happy with the number of steps it takes to reflect a change made in jenkins-plugins.rb into a fully functioning system (build gem, rebuild ruby-runtime, then rerun JVM) --- I'm hoping that Charles can figure out a way to directly load jenkins-plugins.rb/lib into the Jenkins JVM without going through ruby-runtime.

My intent is that the the plugins lib will be bundle with the plugin itself, and not the ruby-runtime-plugin, so the only thing that would need to be rebuilt would be the concrete ruby plugin. Even in that case, I hope we can set it up in development mode so that it pulls it right from the filesystem and doesn't even need to build the gem. We'll see how that plays out in practice :)