Join us for Jenkins Online UI/UX Hackfest on May 25-29!

Oleg Nenashev

May 14, 2020, 12:15:54 PM5/14/20
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, JenkinsCI Developers, Jenkins Users, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Dear all,

On behalf of the Jenkins User Experience, Documentation and Advocacy&Outreach special interest groups, we are happy to announce the Online UI/UX Hackfest on May 25-29! Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of their Jenkins development experience. Newcomers are also to join the event and start contributing to the project.

The goal is to get together and improve the Jenkins user experience, including but not limited to user interface and user documentation. We also invite you to share experiences about Jenkins and to participate in UX testing, non-code contributions also count. The event follows the Jenkins is the Way theme and the most active contributors will get special edition swag and prizes!

register button  (Direct URL)

There will be 3 main tracks:
  • User Interface - Improve look&feel and accessibility for Jenkins users, work on new read-only interface for instances managed with configuration as code, create and update Jenkins themes, and many other topics. Also, UX testing for the listed projects. This track is coordinated by the UX SIG.

  • User Documentation - Verify, improve and create new user documentation, tutorials and solution pages. Also, there is ongoing documentation migration from Wiki to jenkins.io and plugin repositories. This track is coordinated by the Documentation SIG.

  • Spread the word - Write user stories for Jenkins Is The Way site and the Jenkins blogpost about your Jenkins user experience and new features, record overview and HOWTO videos, etc. This track is coordinated by the Advocacy and Outreach SIG.

You can find more information about the event on its landing page: tracks and project ideas, contribution guidelines, etc. We will also host the kick-off online meetup on May 25 to kick-off the hackfest.

Have a great event!
Jenkins Advocacy&Outreach SIG

Jeremy Hartley

May 14, 2020, 1:48:06 PM5/14/20
to Oleg Nenashev, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, JenkinsCI Developers, Jenkins Users, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thanks Oleg!

Also if people can help spread the word via Twitter or any other means that would be greatly appreciated!

Jeremy Hartley

Senior Product Manager

CloudBees, Inc.

P: +31610526836