Re: Jenkins error when running the project on Mac but not on windows

Message has been deleted

John Patrick

Feb 13, 2023, 3:47:14 PM2/13/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Try installing gitbash on the windows machine, then in global configurations define where git is located.
I've had similar, as it's trying to access /usr/bin/git which won't exist at that location on windows.

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 18:55, Andrei Suslov <tru...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have two nodes: win and mac. On windows, my pipeline script runs fine, and on mac it gives me this error:
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified    at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)    at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:494)    at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:159)    at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1110) Caused: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/bin/git" (in directory "C:\Users\administrator.BSI\AppData\Local\Jenkins\.jenkins\caches\git-bde1e1064a79b70e5586f2d6a66af68e"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

What can I do to run the pipeline script successfully on Mac?

Alex Earl

Feb 13, 2023, 5:39:43 PM2/13/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
It looks like your workspace is not setup correctly on your Mac agent. Does your pipeline reference a specific path? The path setup will be completely different on Windows vs. Mac.