Pipeline Parallel Visualization

Benjamin, Joshua

Jan 23, 2024, 5:08:30 PMJan 23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

The issue occurs in both BlueOcean as well as the Pipeline Graph View.  It is replicable with both scripted and declarative pipelines, so I must be missing something really obvious.

In short, the issue is that a parallel stage’s status does get updated (in the UI) until all the parallel stages are complete.  I have included a very simple example below.  In the example, I would expect ‘Stage A’ to be shown as unstable as soon as it completes and then ‘Stage B’ would also be shown as unstable once it completes.  In actuality, when ‘Stage A’ is complete, it shows as ‘Successful’ at first.  Then, once ‘Stage B’ completes, both stages flip to showing as unstable.

Any thoughts as to how to resolve this issue or why it occurs?  Thanks!

parallel(

      "StageA": {

            node {

                  sleep(time:2,unit:"SECONDS")

                  catchError(stageResult:"UNSTABLE",buildResult:"SUCCESS")

                  {

                        bat 'EXIT 1'

                  }

            }

      },

      "StageB": {

            node {

                  sleep(time:20,unit:"SECONDS")

                  catchError(stageResult:"UNSTABLE",buildResult:"SUCCESS")

                  {

                        bat 'EXIT 1'

                  }

            }

      }

)

This email is intended solely for the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or contain privileged information. Review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email by anyone other than an intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. While precautions have been taken to help ensure no computer viruses are present, there is a risk whenever transmitting emails or downloading attachments. The sender will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any malware in this communication or for improper or incomplete transmission of its contents or for any delay in its receipt.