jenkins parameters issues

曾正光

Jun 24, 2022, 10:13:22 AM6/24/22
to Jenkins Users
Hi team,
  I have such a requirement on the Jenkins pipeline: when creating parameters, there is a booleanParam parameter A, when A is true, I want the extendedChoice boxes will pop up automatically, and the multi-select parameters of this box will be passed to later use, when A is false I need this optional box is not displayed, and this false value is also used in the back, how can I implement it, or what can I refer to, thank you

Martin Schmude

Jun 25, 2022, 7:00:47 AM6/25/22
to Jenkins Users
That's not possible. Job parameters cannot depend on each other.
You can only add an explanatory description to the booleanParam A to make it clear to user that the value of the extendedChoice parameter will be ignored by the job if A is false.

Björn Pedersen

Jun 28, 2022, 9:35:29 AM6/28/22
to Jenkins Users

Take a look a Active Choice plugin, this could solve the problem. And be aware that extended-choice is  vulnerable: https://www.jenkins.io/security/advisory/2022-03-15/#SECURITY-2232