Jenkins job error

Madhu Muchukota

Sep 6, 2022, 8:59:39 AM9/6/22
to Jenkins Users
Hi Team, All of a sudden we are seeing below errors as soon as I run a job in Jenkins.

java.lang.NullPointerException    at java.base/java.util.Objects.requireNonNull(Objects.java:221)    at jenkins.scm.api.SCMFileSystem.of(SCMFileSystem.java:191)    at jenkins.scm.api.SCMFileSystem.of(SCMFileSystem.java:173)    at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:118)    at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsScmFlowDefinition.create(CpsScmFlowDefinition.java:70)    at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.run(WorkflowRun.java:310)    at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:99)    at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:431) Finished: FAILURE

Does anyone have any idea on this error?

All we did is, just rebooted a VM over the weekend and from then it is not working.

Regards,
Madhu M

Ivan Fernandez Calvo

Sep 6, 2022, 2:49:55 PM9/6/22
to Jenkins Users
Check all your plugins are loaded correctly, it looks like you have changes in the filesystem that were not applied, and when you restarted you applied those changes, I bet that one or more of your plugins are not loaded, you should have a big red number in the top-rigth corner of your Jenkins Controller UI.