How to know when plugins were installed

jf.la...@free.fr

Apr 15, 2022, 12:59:10 PM4/15/22
to jenkinsci-users
Hello,

The Jenkins Plugin Manager gives us a long list of about 100 installed plugins on our system.
Yet I'm sure that we've not installed more than a dozen beyond the default ones suggested in the beginning.
Most of the plugins listed are probably just dependencies of the initial ones, or of the ones we explicitly installed.

To prepare a disaster recovery plan, I need to list exactly what plugins we installed.
We've recorded some of then, but unfortunately not all. How to find the others?

Is there a way to list just the plugins requested, NOT the dependencies installed automatically?

Is there a way to list the plugins installations by date?
(This would allow us to recognize which one we installed in each burst of installations!)

Jean-François

eric....@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2022, 1:08:29 PM4/15/22
to Jenkins Users
If you're in Unix, Go to $JENKINS_HOME/plugins:

ls -ltr *.hpi *.jpi

The most recently installed will be at the bottom and you'll see the date.

John Patrick

Apr 15, 2022, 2:06:56 PM4/15/22
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
From the plugin ui, everything you can disable is usually a plugin you've installed yourself.
A few plugins I've installed can't be disabled, usually where I installed a subsequent plugin that uses that previous plugin.

The newer plugin ui is much easier to visualise that information. So Jenkins LTS 2.332.x or Weekly 2.33x or newer. Not sure if you can find that information out from the file system or an api.

John