Warning: Problems with Jenkins 1.600 when env-inject is installed

Daniel Beck

Mar 2, 2015, 8:15:26 AM3/2/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
There are a few issues with Jenkins 1.600 when the popular env-inject plugin is installed.

More information is available in Jira:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27178
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27188

The first issue doesn't really look like an issue with Jenkins (and the second isn't as noticeable), so I thought I'd notify this list about them.

Felix Nawroth

Mar 2, 2015, 11:14:57 AM3/2/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your heads-up.

Do you have any information whether LTS 1.596.1 is affected as well? I was about to install it tomorrow morning because of the security advisory.

Comparing your patch in https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27178 with the code from LTS (https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/jenkins-1.596.1/core/src/main/java/hudson/model/Computer.java#L941-L943 if I'm not mistaken), the LTS code completely differs and should not be affected?

Mar 2, 2015, 11:25:15 AM3/2/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I haven't actually tested it, but as JENKINS-26755 isn't in LTS 1.596.1, it cannot be affected. https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/1559/files is the responsible change in the weekly.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/F09CA462CDB0164BB31CD9264E5CBAB622DC203B%40srv024038.bigpoint.local.

Daniel Beck

Mar 4, 2015, 1:43:06 AM3/4/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
1.601 has been released out of cycle and fixes these issues.

Changelog: http://jenkins-ci.org/changelog

JENKINS-27178, 27188, and 27199 are the same bug and not listed separately.

Mark Eggers

Mar 4, 2015, 11:09:50 AM3/4/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, m...@beckweb.net
I just rolled out 1.601 on two machines. It appears that the matrix project plugin version 1.4.1 is back. On one machine I attempted to both unpin and roll back the plugin version to 1.3. After a restart the plugin version remains at 1.4.1. I now no longer have the option of downgrading the plugin. I've tried reinstalling 1.601, with no success.

Any thoughts on how to recover from this?

Daniel Beck

Mar 4, 2015, 11:16:46 AM3/4/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
1.4.1 is bundled with Jenkins 1.600+. Are you experiencing any problems? Because it's only incompatible with earlier Jenkins versions.

Mark Eggers

Mar 4, 2015, 11:30:36 AM3/4/15
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Not at this time. I'll wait to see when jobs are triggered by an SCM checkin. A quick check with a deploy job which uses BUILD_ID showed no issues.

I just read the notice on the matrix project plugin page to not install that version. With the patch that addressed JENKINS-27188, is that warning no longer valid?

Thanks for the quick response (sorry for the 'cc - didn't see the checkbox on google groups).
/mde/