customizing poll SCM

Jeremy Mordkoff

Jan 8, 2022, 3:51:15 PMJan 8
to Jenkins Users
We use git and submodules. I only want certain builds to kick off if there are commits in certain submodules. I have this as part of the pipeline now, but this means my build history is filling up with jobs that did nothing except figure out that they didn't need to run and that's pushing  the logs from the builds I do care about off the bottom (I don't keep all logs).

Is there way to customize the poll scm function per pipeline?

Or maybe is there a way for a job to delete itself from the history?

I suppose I could write a job that did nothing but survey jenkins itself and delete any jobs with a certain build description.

Or maybe add a step to my pipeline when I decide I don't need to run to see if the previous build also exited without running and delete the previous job so that there were never more than 1 most recent job that self-aborted.

Just looking for ideas/options.

Thanks gang .