email-ext plugin stops without explication

Xavier Raynaud

Jan 6, 2023, 12:47:13 PM1/6/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using email-ext plugin on a post-build task of a FreeStyle project and sometime, emails are not send.
In order to understand why, I activate the "Enable Debug Mode" of this plugin.

I obtain the following output when all is OK:

18:05:27 Performing post-build step
18:05:27 Checking if email needs to be generated
18:05:27 Email was triggered for: Always
18:05:27 Sending email for trigger: Always
18:05:27 Sending mail from default account using custom from address to...@kalray.eu
18:05:27
messageContentType = text/plain; charset=UTF-8
[...]
18:05:27 DEBUG SMTP: message successfully delivered to mail server
[...]
18:05:27 Finished: SUCCESS

But from time to time, I obtain the following output, and... nothing more. The run just stops here.

17:55:17 Performing post-build step
17:55:17 Checking if email needs to be generated
17:55:17 Email was triggered for: Always
17:55:17 Sending email for trigger: Always
17:55:17 Sending mail from default account using custom from address to...@kalray.eu

I'm using jenkins 2.346.3 and email-ext 2.92

Any advice to debug this issue ?
Regards,
Xavier R.

geoffroy...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 3:31:52 AM1/9/23
to Jenkins Users
Hello

i would recommend configuring a dedicated logger to capture more debug info from main Jenkins logs, something like:

Screenshot 2023-01-09 092811.png

This would give you more context about the email sending, and hopefully also during the failure.

Good luck

Xavier Raynaud

Jan 10, 2023, 7:36:10 AM1/10/23
to jenkinsci-users
Hi,

I've done that, and after some time found the root cause.
Exception in thread "main" java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: jakarta.mail.Provider: Provider com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPProvider not a subtype
at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:239)
[...]

Googleling a bit about this exception leads me to:

After that, it was simply solved by deinstalling unnecessary javax-mail plugin.
That's all folks !

Many thanks !