Issue with the Jenkins Plugin emailext Plugin.

Chetan

Feb 3, 2023, 5:35:30 AM2/3/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenkins Experts

I get the below error message sometime only when i use the html file as email.

Jenkins Code:

 emailext (
                    mimeType: 'text/html',
                    subject: 'Compilation Varification Failed for Gerrit',
                    attachLog: true,
                    attachmentsPattern: 'Errors/*.log,BTLD/Errors/*.log',
                    body: '${FILE, path="failure.html"}',
                    from: 'tbu...@harman.com',
                    to : '$GERRIT_CHANGE_OWNER_EMAIL,$GERRIT_PATCHSET_UPLOADER_EMAIL'
                )

Error:
[Error replacing 'FILE' - Error processing tokens]

Thanks & Best Regars
Chetan B

Alex Earl

Feb 14, 2023, 8:53:32 PM2/14/23
to Jenkins User Mailing List
Does failure.html exist in the root of the workspace?

Chetan

Feb 15, 2023, 1:01:06 PM2/15/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes the failure.html will created in workspace before calling the emailext. Also it will not happen everytime.

I'm trying to figure out does it somehow depend on the nodes we use. Also i believe the content of failure.html might be causing the issue as it will have many logs lines entries.

Alex Earl

Feb 15, 2023, 1:46:07 PM2/15/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Can you check the Jenkins logs and see if there is a full exception trace in the log?

Björn Pedersen

Feb 17, 2023, 7:16:38 AM2/17/23
to Jenkins Users

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023, 03:35 Chetan <chetan....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jenkins Experts

I get the below error message sometime only when i use the html file as email.

Jenkins Code:

 emailext (
                    mimeType: 'text/html',
                    subject: 'Compilation Varification Failed for Gerrit',
                    attachLog: true,
                    attachmentsPattern: 'Errors/*.log,BTLD/Errors/*.log',
                    body: '${FILE, path="failure.html"}',
                    from: 'tbu...@harman.com',
                    to : '$GERRIT_CHANGE_OWNER_EMAIL,$GERRIT_PATCHSET_UPLOADER_EMAIL'
                )

Instead of inlininig a possibly huge file in the email-body, did you consider adding it as an attachment instead?